Saturday, April 23, 2011

Review: Everfound

Everfound (Skinjacker, #3)Everfound by Neal Shusterman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In Everfound, the final battle between Mary Hightower and her followers, and The Chocolate Oger, Mikey McGill and Allie the Outcast. While Mary is asleep, her second in command continues to follow her orders to bring more and more children into Everlost.

As someone who likes to read books in a series, I was a little wary going into this one when I found out that a new character had been added. Jix, another skinjacker with a fancy for jaguars, fits seamlessly into the plot as it was set up in Everwild. His introduction does not solely serve to move the plot forward, but also to round out another character, and to lead us back to other characters that we haven't seen in a while.

Everfound is a character driven story. Each character has his/her agenda that they, for whatever reason, are working toward. And none of the characters are flat. That there, for me, is the mark of a well written story, especially when one has as many characters as the Skinjacker Trilogy does. To be able to trace a character's agenda from the first book to the last, and watch how the decisions made further that agenda while staying true to each character...Awesome.

I don't want to give anything away, so I'm going to stop there. Everfound, the third book in the Skinjacker Trilogy, will be released on May 3. As always, I'm excited to read anything Neal writes. Keep an eye on his Facebook page and his twitter feed for more information about projects he's working on.

If you get a chance, check out my video blog (links in the sidebar)
Happy reading, and don't forget to be awesome.



View all my reviews

No comments: