Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Review: Thirteen Days to Midnight


Thirteen Days to MidnightThirteen Days to Midnight by Patrick Carman

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I'm going to do a a book talk on this one (which I'll post a link to when I'm done with it), so I'm only going to mention here what I took issue with.

Jacob and Milo are trying to work out what's going on with Ophelia--why she's so desperate to save people and what happens to her when she gets the power they've been sharing (which was not the way I expected it to turn out, mind you). I thought that this aspect of the story wrapped itself up too neatly, too easily. There wasn't an extraordinary amount of struggle for it, and - I don't know - I didn't feel the resolution.

The story does, however, make me want to see the movie The Prestige again.



View all my reviews

No comments: