Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Review: Voices after Midnight


Voices after MidnightVoices after Midnight by Richard Peck

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I picked up Voices After Midnight after looking for it for a long time. I remembered that the story had something to do with time travel, and an old-fashioned elevator, but nothing else. Thank goodness for Goodreads. I submitted a query, and found out that someone else had made a similar query and received a response.

This was a story I remember loving in my childhood. As a more mature reader, I found that it lacked details in many places. I wanted to know the characters better. While the story was quite fantastic (in the supernatural sense), I was a little disappointed that it didn't live up to my third grade memories. (Honestly, I'm glad it didn't. It would mean I either had highly developed sensibilities as an eight year old, or, more likely, that I did not become more discriminating as a reader.)



View all my reviews

No comments: