Saturday, February 5, 2011

Review: The Emperor's Code

The Emperor's Code (39 Clues, #8)The Emperor's Code by Gordon Korman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

With this book I have exhausted the 39 Clues selections that I checked out from my school library. I'm not going to give a full review of the book here, my plan is to wait until I've finished the entire series and review it as a whole, but I did want to comment on the code within the novel. I do quite enjoy when novels hide within them secret messages. I planned, at one point, to go back to the Series of Unfortunate Events and see if there were messages hidden within that series too (you know, after the bell or the ding, or something) but I haven't gotten to it yet. Korman embedded a message about the Madrigals within the novel, and I found it fun to keep a running sentence or two on a sticky note as I read. Two more left, and I'll probably pick them up at our local book reseller today.

View all my reviews

No comments: