Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Scholastic Warehouse Trip

I mentioned in my twitter feed a few days ago (or possibly yesterday) that I took a trip to the Scholastic Warehouse in El Paso on Saturday. I am rather excited about my purchases, and feel like I got over like a fat rat. So I'd like to share my stack with you and see what you think. I'm sending this through my email, so I hope the picture I added comes up. But in case it doesn't and you get to this before I can fix it, some of the titles I picked up on my adventure are...

Home of the Brave by Katherine Alice Applegate
Murder at Midnight by Avi
Eleventh Grade Burns by Heather Brewer (this is the one I was talking about in my last post... I guess they got tired of waiting. Although I did find it amusing that the student got the book the same weekend I did)

Trackers #1 by Patrick Carman (so excited about this one after the big hit Skeleton Creek was)
Eternity Code by Eoin Colfer (which it turns out I already had)
The Fire Eternal by Chris d'Lacy (And in my infinite brilliance, I picked up the 3rd and 4th books, but didn't get the 2nd. So I'm stuck on this series until I get around to that.)

Fire Star by Chris d'Lacy
Cover-Up: Mystery at the Super Bowl by John Feinstein
Inside Delta Force by Eric Haney
The Stonekeeper's Curse by Kazu Kibushi
Alvin Ho: Allergic to Girls, School, and Other Scary Things by Lenore Look

The Giver by Lois Lowry (I don't know what happened to my copy of this book, but Gathering Blue and Messenger were missing it, so I figured it was as good a time as any to pick up a new one.)
Curse of the Campfire Weenies by David Lubar
The Big Field by Mike Lupica
Heat by Mike Lupica
Suck it Up by Brian Meehl

All Action Classics: Dracula by Michael Mucci, Ben Caldwell, Bill Halliar, Bram Stoker
Mick Harte Was Here by Barbara Park
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

Keeper by Mal Peet (on my wish list is the novel by Mal Peet that is a rewrite of Othello--Exposure. I was a little disappointed I didn't find it. I read Tamar and it was okay.)

Paperquake: A Puzzle by Katherine Reiss
The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan (I bought two of these and am going to send one to my cousin, who got me into the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series in the first place.)

Flygirl by Sherri L. Smith (Another book I heard about on ReadWriteThink's Text Messages that I happened to run into at the warehouse. Oh, happy day for me.)
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli (One I've wanted to read for awhile and haven't gotten to it.
A Coming Evil by Vivian Vande Velde

Bad Girls in Love by Cynthia Voight and Barry David Marcus
Feathers by Jacqueline Woodson (I read If You Come Softly by Woodson earlier this year and loved it, then heard about this title on ReadWriteThink's Text Messages)
The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp by Rick Yancy

Additionally, I bought Harry Potter and the Sorcerers' Stone and replaced my copy of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, as well as purchasing the entire series in paperback (it's Christmas for one of my kids... shhh!). This is my YA summer reading list. Or most of it. Add to this list Bruiser by Neal Shusterman, which I preordered and is released June 28, and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, which is released August 24. 

No comments: