Sunday, July 5, 2009

Classic Summer Reads

Despite the big debate between teaching classical literature, teaching YA literature or teaching a combination of the two, a Teen Fiction website that I follow has suggested a few good reads out of the classical canon for teens this summer. I love reading lists. And I love adding to my ever-growing stash of reading lists that I keep in my Evernote. I'm happy to say, that I'm not adding anything to my reading list from this list. I've read all but Joseph Heller's Catch 22, which I remember starting and not finishing when I was in high school, though I did look up the meaning of the term at some point in the recent past.

Take a look at Francine Morrissette's article to see how many you've read or to add some great classic reads to your reading list.

1 comment:

cmsmith0328 said...

I am so far behind! I think I could only claim two victories from the list: Lord of the Flies (which I loved, btw)and The Outsiders (also loved, and one of few books that I have read multiple times.